Sunday, February 20, 2011

A player's view on T4


Hello everyone - my names Adam and I am your new blogger on the site :)

So I thought I start with my View of T4 in the eye's of the UK7 server, after starting on Friday evening, and one thing I see is that it's now easier to start a village than 3.6. The reason being is the fact the newly developed hero allows for more resources per hour, cutting down time waiting to finish the all resource field to 2 quest. (Well, I used the 25% option thanks to left over gold from Server 4 last year)

But you don't have to do that first, thanks to giving you a choice of which quests you want to complete after Quest 23. There are 12 to choose from ranging from fields to buildings to settlers to a new village. But when you know your quite tight for resources, completing the easy ones first is probably key, so you get the rewards to finish others like All fields to 2 and residence to level 10.

But thats not the end of the upgrades just yet. With the new hero comes a new way to upgrade your hero. Gone are the days of Attack and Defend points with a bonus for each, now it has fighting strength, along with a bonus for each, making the system I feel much more simpler than 3.6. And the resource bon
us as well is also a good addition for speedy getaways.

But......(First of the post I might add)

The only concern I have is that it makes it easier to max out all the sections to 100 points, leaving it just a competition for the most experience. Take the beta.org server for example. Hero number one has a Level 322 with 2'604'088 experience points, and only 5 days into UK7, the top hero there is on Level 4 with 704 points. If they added more point levels, and made it harder to max out your hero, I think we could see more action in raids and attacks, and not just in the adventures.

Which brings me nicely onto my next subject, Hero Adventures. This is a brilliant new addition to the game, which sees the hero actually doing something useful instead of picking up dust in his mansion as I found him doing during UK4. And you can pick up useful items or bounty on your adventures.

You have many types of items, with 3 tiers to each area of item, except to consumables. I will go through the different types of Items on my next post.

And once you have done 10 adventures, you get a reward from the questmaster, and the chance to compete in Auctions for these Items that you collect. Only done 9 adventures, I still cant take part in Auctions, but just looking through the List, you can tell its a tough market out there (taken at 2:30pm on 20/02/11):


Yes, just by looking at this, you can tell that the market would pay ludicrous amounts of silver for anything. The person who's selling the hatchet of the axemen is going to be very rich, especially when its 200 silver to one gold. Which means that 77 thousand silver is roughly 385 gold, which will do nicely for someone. But for the idiot who payed that much only gets you 500 points of fighting strength, as well as 3 points for attack and defend for each axeman. It wasn't worth it, but then again, some fool paid 32'000 silver for 500 culture points instantly (thats the artwork between you and me), and I'll probably be buying at a lower price, and selling at a higher price. Profits are a must in this business, especially if you want gold to use whilst being on a budget of about £1.50 per fortnight for a plus account.

But, I think I've bored you lot enough, and I'll go through each of the items on the next post. Until then, Have a great week :)

3 comments:

Nir said...

"some fool paid 32'000 silver for 500 culture points instantly"

it was probably a silver trading thing, not a real purchase.

Stephen McKenzie said...

You'd be surprised what people will do. Although there is silver trading a lot of the extreme prices are simply due to the high demand and low supply at the beginning of the game.

Anonymous said...

"which sees the hero actually doing something useful instead of picking up dust in his mansion as I found him doing during UK4"

But surely that's your fault?

Why did your hero not do anything elseWhy did he not help reinforce your alliance when needed? Why did he not attack your enemies?

Pesonally my hero (T3.6 or T4), never sits at home.

I worry that people are going to read your stuff and take it as good advice...

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Followers