Monday, July 26, 2010

Spotlight: Alexei aka Dark_Night aka Call me Master

Hey Guys,

First of all I'd like to thank Zeitgeist_Team of the .COM Travian forums for pressing me to shine a spotlight and do an interview with Alexei who I have to admit is one of the best Travian players currently playing the game, I have to admit recently I've been feeling that a lot of talent has been lost over the last few years from within the Travian elite but I think replacements have arrived and Alexei certainly is one of them. 

Alexei is best known for his record of achieving both the Highest Population Account and the Best Attacker overall on this last comx server, which I believe is the first time it has happened on comx, maybe even on the whole of the .com domain (but don't hold me to that). Other accounts he has played on include Spongebob, another account credited with doing very, very well. Anyway, that's enough background as the interview gives quite a lot of detail. Be warned, the interview has been spellchecked, questions re-ordered and took place yesterday, any changes made were with the permission of the interviewee and nothing has been taken out of context.

1. What do you find most interesting about Travian?
The most interesting thing in travian is the ability to meet people, their cultures and cause a lot of havoc. I met wonderful people on Travian through out my life and I will never give up those memories for anything. Staying up till 6 am in the morning and talking over msn/skype to people who share the same interests or just finding out something new. Travian has been an amazing part of my life, very addicting and bad, but it is something that I will take with me for the rest of my life. I don't think there is any other game out there with such ability to have "governments", free roaming and so much more. I simply love it.

2. What was your first ever Travian server and how did you fare?

My first Travian server was very, very, funny. I came off on the first ever s4. I did not know hot to play the game or what to do. And it was so slow that  I decided to make multiple accounts. Lol DON'T ever do it kids! So I got banned and processed and 1/2 pop taken away. I never really finished the server because I went off to military school, but I got top 120 place before I was taken out or so I heard.

3. What would you say your greatest success on this comx server was?

Greatest success is doing something that has not been done before, going for rank 1 in Offense and Population. It is something none of my friends or "teachers" have ever done before and I am very proud of that.

4. So what would you feel your biggest challenge in the comx server has been?

In all honesty this was probably my hardest comx so far not because of the amount of killing or the people that were against me, but due to the fact that I had personal life issues to deal with such as work, parents, school and friends. When I play travian I give it 150% all the time, and it takes a beating on your pshichy and on your physical self. The biggest challenge would probably waking up from my sleep and getting out of FP and realizing again, who I truly was and what I played for.

5. Who on the server (alliance or player) caused you the most issues?

In all honesty it was a little bit of everyone in FP leadership. I was trying to grow, have fun and at the same time to build offenses for the alliances. Trying to get a leadership to get rid of farms and restructure is very difficult. Especially if they do not listen to you or do, but make no changes. There has been a couple of "problematic moments" in my reign of the NE. First was T i M then it was Barney. T i M and the team got very little done, so through a violent overthrow Barney took charge of the alliance. I actually believed that it will be a smaller alliance 2-3 wins max and that we will get stuff done, but when the man got the power it was same story just a different day. So I could not take it any more and left.

6. Was there any one on the server who provided either inspiration or other help for you during the game?

I picked up a new co player Alaex who was getting killing off huge FP armies but in the end ran out of troops. He showed me a write up about Dean Smith, ('the greatest player to play this game?'. He also taught me how to play) And just reading about it really jolted me into action. I remembered I was here to play fun and not be a coward. These two probably affected me the most during the server.

7. How many players played with you on the Call me Master Account?

I promised to give the shout out to Orvol my old co-player for Call me Master. But half way through the server he had left me because the start of summer and so on. He was never 100% truly there because he is still a young adult and has many other issues.  The only reason the account got so big is because he wanted #1 pop and i wanted #1 offense. So for a very long time I was on it by my self on that account. I think i conquered 60 or so of the towns on CMM.  Then I picked up Alaex but he had work and other stuff,  but he covered a better portion of the day then orvol. S0 for the most part I am my own co player. Kind of sad, but its true.

8. What was the biggest army you assembled on the server?

This server I had a few problems with luck on my armies. First time was an accidental farm attacked me back and killed a good 1/4 of my army when I was watching a movie and did not pay attention. The second time Orvol dodged an attack from our main offense army of the time into the capitals oases. That was a very, very bad time. Then my 60k pop vs 7-20k pop players is a terrible thing to do. My soldiers had a huge negative bonus on them. So probably my biggest combined army was only 400k clubs 80k Tk's 23k Catas and 10k Rams.

9. Why did you give up the WW to FP?


Everything I do is for a reason, that is how Travian should be played. I at first wanted to give a WW to a dead account and cata the rest of the villages, but that seems to be a little mean and it would reunite the NE against a "common" enemy. Also it would either ease/intensify the relations between FP and PFF and I did not know which one would come out. So I decided to give FP the WW due to the fact that in my mind (42|62) was going to be taken by PFF I. FP took both, but it created tention anyway, thus giving me the opportunity to keep causing chaos.

10. How roughly much money do you think you have spent on gold during the server?

Money? I don't know to be honest. It's much, much less then people think and sometimes it does not matter, because by the amounts of time I spent on the account I am lucky I did not spend more. The more you are on the account, the less you need to spend.

11. Which server did you truely enjoy more 'Spongebob' or 'Call me Master'?

The 'Spongebob' and 'Call me Master' servers were two different servers, I REALLY enjoyed both. Crushing the Polish (disclaimer: this is not meant to offend those of Polish origin) and making friends was one of my favorite things. Back then my current defender ( Deathverdict) known as Kestler X played with me. And we had a very good team of guys. That server our "squad" took #1 #2 and #14 Gaul, Teuton and Roman. #1 of each race. It was very amazing server. But in this one I felt more alone, all of my good friends quit and I came to the NE to play with the Russians, and they themselves as we all know went to the NW and SW. On the contrary, on Spongebob I was proving the travian community I am not just talk, that I could do something and that when I am in the quad, I have a voice in the out come of the game. Call me Master was only me playing for my self and for pure enjoyment. I knew what I have done already, but I wanted to know if its possible for me to go above and beyond what has been achieved already and surpass it.

12. Excluding yourself who do you think the best player was during that server?

Best player during this server? Well I would have to put down my hat to Holy and Draco team on the Dragonlion account. They did an amazing offensive job and had me beat with their amazing boots (refering to the artefact). Besides their efficient way of Farming, which I do not approve of. They did good, but getting up again when the world turned on you is tough. Second shout out is to Getman_Arhangel, with his green team and limited help they did very well.

13. What are your aims for the x2 Championship Server?

My aims for x2? It is probably to kill as much as I can and hopefully get catapuled out. If that does not happen then get top 800 pop and make it to the finals to play for the a ribbon that says you're the best.

14. What do you think of the new systems of catching botters?

To be honest with you I do not think it works. It caught me going through a proxy onto my own account from work. I was not and still not allowed to do it, but when you have 1000 incoming attacks it is kind of hard not to do so.

15. Which tribe do you think is the best Romans, Gauls or Tuetons?

Teutons, but I do wish teutons had TT's! Raaar goes the clubswinger!

16. What would you say the easiest strategy for new players to get into the game is?

Easiest Strategy would probably be to have fun and not be a zirg. That is probably the #1 reason why people quit playing travian. Being in a huge meta where you just send crop + defence because of MM and thats about it. No huge wars with players next to you, no nothing.

17. Brownies or Cookies?
I would always say Cookie You can always give someone a cookie to make them come over to the dark side. But Brownies get a little tricky and messy.

18. Is there anything you'd like to say to the readers of Bea's Blog?

Dont forget to be a little selfish and play the game for your self. Dont forget to have fun with it. Thats the secret that people forget to do.


I'd like to thank 'Call me Master' for agreeing to the interview and welcome any comments or questions you may have to be left below in the comments area.


Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Followers