Tuesday, August 10, 2010

[Beginner] Gaul Tribe Tips

I really like gauls and the reason is:

A. I can hide more resources in my crannies


B. Fast Merchants, for comx it took 50 sec to transfer resources to the adjacent village.


C. Theutates Thunders is my raider horses, it is fast like a lightning bolt.


D. Can trap troops...


The reason I hate them other gaul player, they are trapping my TT-same as above screenshot. He trapped my TT :(

I have tips before on how to be an aggressive gaul and I am so glad I found it in my email. It was buried and so I could not find it right away. It is worth to share to someone who like.....

This is just a random thoughts from my friend Zileas, he is my co-player in .s5. I used his tips on my first round in comx... Oh yeah I crushed many clubs by chasing them using my TT. Oh yeah, got a couple Teuton guy helping me to crush them. I remembered longitude on my first round in comx. He is my partner in crime chasing clubs even he is also a clubs :D (teuts ah). LOL

====000000000======
here is my gaul guide if you are curious... Just random thoughts, its not organized very well.

Another thing -- if you find a roman or gaul who is crannied, ask them to feed you data on teutons attacking them. This makes it easy to either 1 sec counter, or to know when they sleep.

You heard me right. Dont start crop fields until like 60 tts. at that point, the returns start to look almost good enough. Basically, if you are raiding like 12 or 13 distance away, you might start fields .

I dont think parties are a priority. Town growth does not help you much economically, so don't make it a rush. Yes you need parties, but like, unless you are worried about someone jumping a 150%, its just not a priority and you can do it gradually around the same time you are hitting level 4 and 5 fields.

The thing I optimize for, it is economic return. TTs at distance 10 or 11 still give you 400% return per week in the early game. Fields at level 4,5, 6 give like 80%... its simply not a comparison. A new village is much the same way. so while you need to go production eventually (now, my production is INSANE, like 27k-30k an hour), but in the beginning, raiding is so much better, just like being a teuton.


Start 24 hours to 48 hours late. This is critical. the core sucks... so many big teutons who are very active. If you can do so safely, reroll a few times to be in a 7x7 with a lot of 6c so you have tons of neighbors.

Go for the quests. dont do the final one which is all level 2 fields, but build for the quests, military option.

Build phalanx nonstop, getting barracks upgrades as necessary (going to massive negative crop) and marketplace around 15 phalanx.. raid everyone. At first, only raid pop 8 and under so no rat. Later, dont worry about the rat.

Once you have about 80 phalanx, go for tt tech... then nonstop tts, then again, lots of 2-3 tt strikes on everything.

Around 15 tt, start crashing neaby teutons. Egg them on and 1 sec counter them, or just crash them at night. Get 1-2 teuton allies that are maybe 15-20 distance away and have them scout targets for you, they'll want to kill teutons too.

Its critical that you nonstop tt until about 50 or 60 and kill teutons repeatedly. The only building upgrades youll get are tt tech, stables upgrades, and crop to allow biulding upgrades, but not to get out of negative crop. You need to NPC gold A LOT.

Once you have maybe 50-75 tt, you can start building cropfields and maybe completing the level 2 quests. You want to slowly shift to production while always ramping your tt production up. You can expand in about 10 days comfortably, faster if you have a good reason to.

My growth has been much slower than is possible. I A) dont bot like a fiend and b) don't have true 24/7 activity, just sitter coverage, and maybe 16 hour activity with my dual, and c) got catas and other stuff early to help my alliance and to be an irrational bastard.

good luck!

- Zileas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Followers