Monday, August 2, 2010

About July & The Future

Hey Guys,

You may have noticed that this July we've published a lot of content and I mean ALOT, by far the most published on the blog in any month so far this year. Anyway I've noticed that this month has also been the month where we've had the most views, and had the most new visitors. For example I've found out the .IN forum admin and various other staff read our blog so there's a wide audience of people we have to cater to.

Because of the wide audience you will notice that as well as covering a couple of servers we have diversified our line-up of content with general interest peices such as interviews and rambings (i.e. Travian 4 Best Ideas & Tips To Become Travian Crew), there's a lot of stuff which we're adding to the blog to make it more interesting. One thing I have been told is that we could change the template and the layout a bit to make the page look more professional and appealing to readers, so hopefully I'll be talking to Bea later to find out whether I can make some test changes to the site. That'll probably include putting up a new, very different template and changing the sidebars to declutter them a bit. I'd also like to add in the Google 'Following' function to make it easier to follow the blog and be notified when it is updated.

Another idea would be to add more pages to turn the blog from just a blog into more of a site with more pages, so editor pages about my self and Bea, a full links page to all the best Travian sites and tools and maybe we could have various guides added to the site to keep going with my idea for more original and generally useful content. A couple of people have also shown interest in becoming editors (like myself & Bea) or helping to contribute content in the same way that SaNcHeScO has done with his war videos for the last comx. So maybe I'll also talk to Bea about bringing other people on board for that. Also I'll be trying to cut down the number of categories to between 10 & 15 to make things much easier to find. Having close to 100 is helping no one.

So if you are interested in seeing improvements made to the site you can send me an email or leave a comment down below.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Followers